In order to ensure the safety of our patients, our team and the community at large during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are proactively adapting the way that we provide orthodontic treatment. Starting on Thursday, March 19th we will be limiting our in-office appointments to emergency appointments only. Our goal is to go back to our regular in-office patient appointments on April 6th.
What this means for you:
• We are here for calls regarding questions or appointment adjustments. Please reach out at 631-289-0909 to speak with us! If you already have an appointment scheduled in the upcoming weeks, we will reach out to you to reschedule.
• Emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please call 631-289-0909 and we’ll work with you.
• All new patient consultations will be conducted virtually.
If you have an appointment in the next few weeks and we haven’t already spoken, we will reach out to you to discuss the best option for your family.
Please know that we remain committed to the importance of your health, comfort and safety. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 updates, and will communicate further based on the expert advice of government departments, public health authorities and healthcare professionals.
We promise to keep you updated through this dynamic situation, and we look forward to continuing to make you smile.
Dr. David Amram and Dr. Justin Ohnigian
Dear Patients of Coolsmiles Orthodontics,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We have all been through so much as a community and we’re all very much looking forward to resuming our normal activities. Things have changed, and so have we- we’re COVID conscious! We want to ensure that your visit is as touch free and safe as possible. Here are some of the new practice that have been incorporated into our new, daily routine:
Health & Safety: Our office may look a little different…
- We will be protecting our team and our patients with the latest recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) including n95 masks and face shields for our entire team. You may not see it, but we’re smiling under our masks!
- We have all of the latest sterilization protocols in place to ensure that our facilities and clinics are ready for your arrival including hand sanitizer and air purifiers in our treatment rooms that provide surgically clean air filtering particles less than 0.1 microns.
- We have implemented the minimization of using instruments that cause aerosols (as they can spread respiratory droplets).
- We have implemented numerous protocols to reduce the risk of transmission such as: social distancing among team members, plexiglass dividers, strategic scheduling that ensures only one patient is treated at a time, and constant team health monitoring (our staff’s body temperature is monitored and recorded on a daily basis).
- Our reception areas are being rearranged to allow for the recommended six-foot social distancing during your visit. We would like to ensure that your visit is essentially a touchless one! There will be no brochures, pamphlets, toys, or coffee / refreshments in the waiting area.
- We now use a hospital-grade fogger disinfectant machine which is used at the end of every day, in addition to hospital-grade disinfectants that will be used throughout the day after each patient is walking in and out of the office. The disinfectant will be used on all frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, restrooms, and the front desk.
- All patients will be screened for a fever upon arriving with our contactless thermometers. This is done to ensure that care is provided to only symptom free, fever free patients with normal oxygen saturation. In accordance with CDC guidelines anyone presenting with a fever of 100.4 F will be rescheduled.
- All forms that need to be completed will now be in a digital format. Before coming in for your appointment, all patients and/or parents must fill out the following health screening form: https://secureonline.co/supplemental-health-questionnaire-coolsmiles-com/
- Upon arrival at the office please call or text us at 631-319-8489.
- Please brush your teeth prior to your appointment, as brushing stations have been temporarily closed!
- A team member will meet you at the front door to take your temperature and guide you to the treatment area for your visit.
- Please wash your hands in our clinical area prior to being seated for your appointment and prior to leaving our clinic after your appointment.
- We will continue to offer virtual appointments for check-up exams, recall appointments and retainer checks. After your appointment, please call us to schedule your next visit with us!
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms, feeling unwell or suspect they have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to proactively reschedule their appointment and not enter the office.
- Please call ahead if you are experiencing an emergency or if you have a broken appliance. There may be long wait times for patients who have not notified us of their emergency prior to arrival.
- We strongly prefer for anyone accompanying a patient to wait in the car during the exam unless absolutely necessary. One caregiver or guardian is allowed to accompany the patient to the treatment area, but must wear a facial covering.
This is a dynamic situation and we’re constantly adjusting our approach to ensure both our patient’s and our team’s safety. We have missed each of you and look forward to safely and confidently caring for you at your next visit!
Stay safe and well,
Dr. David Amram & Dr. Justin Ohnigian
Hi Coolsmiles Ortho friends and family!
We are so excited to be nominated for the Best of Long Island Top Orthodontic Office award!
Show us some love by giving Coolsmiles Orthodontics a VOTE! Simply click the link below and scroll down to the “Orthodontist” category. Easy as that! Don’t forget, voting can be done once a day.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR COOLSMILES