We are thrilled to welcome Dr. Moon to Coolsmiles Orthodontics
We wanted you to get to know Dr. Moon better so we sat down with her recently to ask some questions. We just know you will like her as much as we do.
What fueled your interest in orthodontics?
I like the way it makes you think. I always liked math because you needed to figure out the answer, but not only that, but I couldn’t just memorize the formulas. I needed to know why. It’s the same way with orthodontics, where I need to figure out how to get to the end – a functional occlusion and a nice smile – and what is the best way to do the things I need to do to get there.
What would you want your parents/patients to know about you?
I grew up in New York with hard-working parents who did everything they could to give me a good life and as many opportunities possible, which made me who I am. I will always work hard and do my best and will treat people the way that I would like to be treated.
What makes you look forward to coming to work every day?
It makes me happy to know that there is something that I can do to make someone else happy. I’m lucky to be one of those people that like my profession. But also important is that you enjoy the people that you work with and that you care for one another like an extended family.
What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Giving birth to my daughter, Melody.
Can you tell us about your educational background and experience?
- Graduated from Cornell University with a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences.
- Graduated from the University of Michigan with a master’s degree in Public Health.
- Graduated from New York University’s College of Dentistry with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree and the distinction of induction into Omicron Kappa Upsilon – the National Dental Honor Society.
- Completed a General Practice Residency at Cornell University/New York Presbyterian Hospital and an Orthognathic Surgery Fellowship at Lenox Hill Hospital.
- Earned a Certificate in Orthodontics at Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine.
As usual, we would love to hear what you think in the “comments” box below.
4 thoughts on “Meet Dr. Bahn Yah Moon”
Congratulations, Dr. Moon. You’ve joined the A Team.
Dr. Moon looks so sweet and kind and her education is very impressive. Wishing her the best of luck in her new position, Welcome Dr. Moon ;0
Thanks guys, we appreciate the good wishes. BTW, she really is sweet! We can’t wait for everyone to meet her.
Congrats Dr. Moon, I know Dr. Klempner and Dr. Amram worked very hard to find the right fit for their practice, very excited for you to start!